Friday, October 3, 2008

My favorite recipe

My favorite thing to cook is definitely pasta. I found this pasta sauce recipe while looking for something to cook for my boyfriend's and I's anniversary, and thought it was delicious!

You need (I'm not specifying how much you need because I generally add however much of each I want, but the exact recipe is at the end of the post):
Garlic
Sea salt
Olive oil
White onion
Can of whole tomatoes
Tomato paste
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes
Sugar
Parsley
Basil

Smash the garlic cloves with some sea salt to make a paste. Cover the bottom of a sauce pan with a layer of olive oil, and put in the garlic/salt paste as well as chopped up onion. Fry for about five minutes, and then crush the whole tomatoes into the pan with your hands (yes, a bit gross, but my boyfriend and I thought it was pretty fun). Add some tomato paste and all the seasonings, minus the parsley and basil. Stir, cover, and let simmer for about an hour (although I once only let it simmer for five minutes because I was in a hurry, and it was still good). Then add parsley and basil and serve over pasta!

Here's the original recipe, but I cut out the chicken broth:
http://www.recipezaar.com/90414

No comments: